To uninstall the Flash Player, you can apply two techniques. You can either manually remove it or use an automated tool that will carry out the uninstallation process for you. Among the two methods, it has been proven that the automatic way is the most effective process of removing this program. This is because the automated tool is designed to scan through your system and cleanse it without leaving any trace of the program that may have been left.
Manual Removal of Flash Player
This way to uninstall Flash Player requires you to uninstall the program, delete leftover files in the user directory and clean out the registry to ensure that there will be no remnants of the application. The procedure is as follows:
1. Go to Task Manager, stop Flash Player processes.
2. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (for XP) or Programs and Features (for Vista and Windows 7), select Content Manager Assistant from among the list of programs and click the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
3. Click “Start Menu”>select “Run”>insert “Regedit” to open the Windows Registry, and remove the associated registry entries like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES.
4. Reboot your computer and find any remaining pieces of Flash Player. To do this you need to open up my computer and go to drive c. Locate Flash Player from program files folder and delete these folders and files manually.
This is how you can remove Flash Player from computer, but if you do not know well computer, it will take your long time and effort to do this job. The following method is recommended for computer novice who have difficulty in uninstalling Flash Player, or for who want to immediately uninstall other programs from computer.
A professional uninstaller program like Perfect Uninstaller can solve two basic problems. On the one hand, it can forcibly uninstall Flash Player; on the other hand, it guarantees complete uninstall without any leftovers.
Why use HelpUninstaller?
HelpUninstaller is regarded as the most powerful uninstaller in the market nowadays. It helps to:
Uninstall what you want (especially the corrupt programs on your computer) with its three powerful uninstall options: Uninstall, Force Uninstall, Special Uninstall.
List detailed information about programs then you can intuitively view and easily uninstall the unwanted ones.
Back up your Windows registry for a future usage when necessary such as get back you computer after an unexpected crash.
Fully scan both of your drive and Windows registries to find any leftover entries for the just uninstalled program and permanently remove them from your PC.
Remove Flash Player While Using An Uninstaller Software
1. Downaload Uninstall tool.
2. Click Start and then click “All programs”.
3. You should see Flash Player on the list. Choose the uninstall option in its directory.
4. There will be a message that wants you to confirm the removal.
5. Choose the removal mode according to your situation.
If you can not uninstall the program with the methods above, you can re-download it and. After reinstall it, follow the ways above again to uninstall the program.
However, these two ways have some disadvantages. Some related registry entries will remain on your computer or only part of the registry entries will be removed. If you uninstall programs in the above ways, gradually accumulated corrupted registry entries will cause lot of computer errors, such as runtime error, exe error, dll error or blue death of screen and that is also why your computer runs more and more lowly.
It is highly recommend that you use a professional uninstall program to uninstall Flash Player. A professional uninstall program is your only choice when you want to remove a program from your computer completely. Especially when you can not find the unwanted program in the list of add/remove program and when an error prevent you from remove program, a powerful uninstall program can remove all those problems and successfully uninstall Flash Player.
Video Show:How to Uninstall Program with HelpUninstaler
Click here to learn more about how to uninstall Flash Player completely from your computer.